Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Nations Capitol

Arriving at the Lincoln Memorial
The Great Emancipator
Koren War Memorial

World War II Memorial

This morning, I got up early and started pedaling through the streets of Washington. The city has wide avenues, sidewalks, and many bicycle paths,which makes it a great way to tour the city. Washington is packed with thousands of visitors from all over the world, but is a must see for all Americans. There are monuments and memorials at every turn. I arrived at the Lincoln Memorial and read Lincoln's great speeches, and stood at the very spot where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his "I have a dream" speech in 1963. In front of me was the Washington Monument, dedicated to the Father of our country; this was a very emotional experience for me.
All I could do was utter a prayer of thanksgiving for all the blessings God has given me. Blessed with a wonderful mother and father who taught me truths and values that have guided my life. Blessed with my lovely wife, Mary; no man has a better wife. Blessed with sons. Blessed with daughters. Blessed with many family and friends. And of course, blessed to be a member of the St. Robert's family for these many years.


I would like to thank all those who have made a contribution to the St. Robert's School Fund.

Looking forward to returning home! In the imortal words of Charles Dicken's famous character, Tiny Tim " God Bless Us All, Every One". Thanks for joining me on this journey.

Jim

5 comments:

Amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! We are all so very proud of you! Love,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Nice job. Congratulations!

doobabe1954 said...

We love you Jim!
Mom and Margie

Anonymous said...

Jim,

Well done, indeed! I'm very happy for you and yours. All the Ryans have a lot to be proud of. Looking forward to seeing you on home turf soon...

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful adventure you took us all on...we loved looking at the pictures and reading your reflections...and thanks for inspiring us all at SRB!