Friday, May 2, 2008

Favorable Westerlies


Hello SRB students
With 35 mile an hour west winds really made this an easy 40 mile journey. Weather got severe so I had to pack in this afternoon and head for Columbus Oh. in the van. Reached a top speed of 42 miles per hour coming down a long hill outside of Enon Oh. I had to slow down because my courage failed me, and my common sense prevailed I had a run in with a little dachshund(hotdog type dog) 2' feet long and four inch legs who paced me for a quarter mile. Nice to have a friendly companion for a part of the trip. I had the thrill of watching a herd of about 10 deer run along side of me over a farmers field and then all leaped over a 4' foot fence. It was really a wonderful sight to behold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim,
I'm glad that the wind was in your favor this afternoon. It's what we are praying for. Hopefully you won't run into too many storms along the way. Have a good time with your brothers. Stay safe. Remember Sunday is a day of rest.

Anonymous said...

Jim,

You're perserving that's for sure! Today I met Dan Nee in the Jewel and he wanted to know all about this venture of yours. He thought,like I do, that what you're doing is admirable. Continue to enjoy your band of brothers, remain sensible, and don't exhaust yourself.

Anonymous said...

YOU MADE IT! Congratulations! You did an awesome job. We can't wait to see you soon!



4th grader, Zoe