Thursday, May 8, 2008

More photos that I wanted to share from the trip

My final post is below this post, but I had so many great photos that I wanted to share some more with you. I hope you enjoy them!


Biking uphill in Pennsylvania

Red Night - Biker's Delight!

Ivan Gorby: 94 year old man who has lived on this mountain his entire life.

Ivan invites us into his home and plays the fiddle for us

Another St. Robert's Church in Indiana

C & O Canal

A glimpse of a West Virginia Mining Town

Taking a break in the hills of Maryland with my brother Dan

Look Closely...there is a 6' copperhead snake coiled up on the timber. YIKES!
Potomac River
Barge on the C & O Canal

The Paw Paw Tunnel was dug out of a mountain side so the C & O Canal could run through it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Ryan,
I can not belive you made it to Washington D.C.!I hope you are having fun!!!!:]Have a safe trip!!!!:] :] :] :]

Anonymous said...

dear mir ryan,
good work to make it to Washington dc

Anonymous said...

Great job Mr. Ryan, I hope your having fun!!!!!!!:]:]:]:]:]

Anonymous said...

Jim,
This was so much fun to "ride along with you." Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us.

It's good to have you safely back home to Chicago.

Great work! What an inspiration.

Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr.Ryan
We are so proud that u are doing this for the school thank you very much!!!
From
Melissa from 4th grade