Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Day One: St. Robert's to Valparaiso, IN

I began my adventure today traveling through Chicago as I headed towards the state of Indiana.
You don't have to travel across America to go on a great bike ride. Chicago's lake front path is one of the country's best bike rides. Here are some of the sites that I have seen along the way.

How many of these Chicago sites do you recognize?

Buckingham Fountain









The Art Institute










Solidier Field









The Shedd Aquarium










The Adler Planetarium









Fallen Police Officers' Memorial










This is overlooking Lake Michigan with Gary, Indiana in the distance. Gary is two hours from where I am right now on the lake front.












3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go, Dad!! Please remember to drink plenty of water along the way. Staying hydrated is very important when exercising. Be safe. We look forward to taking this journey with you. Love, Mo

Dr. Winston O'Boogie said...

Go Grampa!

Be safe and enjoy the ride. Can't wait to see you back on Windsor Ave.

Patrick, Jack, and Riley

Anonymous said...

Hello, I received a note from my wifes family they all went to St.Roberts.
I wish you well in your quest it takes an exceptional person to do this and I am sure your family is proud.
I will make a donation to this great cause.
I challenge others to do so too.
Ride safe and journey well.....